Jabil Circuit, Inc.
Scott Hutchins has been actively involved in the electronic contract manufacturing industry for over 20 years here in the Hudson Valley, and currently is a senior director for the IBM business unit, Jabil Circuit, Inc., one of the top three contract manufacturers worldwide.
Within Jabil he manages operations in the Americas, Europe, and Asia with responsibility for all computing and storage engagements with IBM, one of the company's top 10 customers.
He began his career with PDQ Manufacturing Co., Inc., beginning his work there as a purchasing agent in 1985. Under his leadership PDQ changed from a small metal working company to a progressive manufacturer of sheet metal enclosures. Today, PDQ manufactures electronic enclosures for the high-end server, data communication, and telecommunication industries. Prior to leaving PDQ his accomplishments included:
Implementation of, or direct involvement with:
• Inclusive manufacturing system to include internet and intranet applications.
• Quality programs meeting government standards, corporate (customer standards) to ISO 9002 registration.
• All the different programs of the times, from quality circles and round tables to team building and alike.
• Managed growth from a single location metal fabricator to a multi-location, multi-national systems integrator.
• Developed an international customer base.
Mr. Hutchins has been, or is, active in the following organizations:
• President of the Council of Industry
• Member of the DCDEC board of Directors
• Member of the Rhinebeck, NY Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
• American Society for Quality Control
• Society for Manufacturing Engineers
• Rotary International
Mr. Hutchins is a graduate of the University of Vermont and lives in Rhinebeck with his wife and four children.