The United Greek Association (UGA) is the governing council of all recognized Fraternities and Sororities at New Paltz. Meetings are held every other Tuesday at 10 p.m. in Student Union Room 407.
Submit your 2012-2013 UGA Award Nominations Now!
All members of the United Greek Association are able to nominate themselves or other members for the 2012-2013 UGA Awards. You can write nominations for as many awards as you would like! Take the time to recognize the outstanding members and chapters in our Fraternity/Sorority Community at New Paltz.
Click Here for a letter describing the Nomination and Voting Process.
Please review the UGA Award Descriptions before submitting your Nomination(s) below:
Faculty Staff Advisor of the Year Award
- This award will be presented to one Faculty/Staff Chapter Advisor.
- The nominee shall have contributed significantly to the growth of the chapter, and shall possess a positive commitment to the Fraternity & Sorority community.
- The nominee is available and willing to assist the chapter, is informed of the chapter's activities and programs, and lends his/her support and guidance.
- The nominee shall have actively contributed to the chapter and Fraternity & Sorority community.
Outstanding Community Service Award
- This award will be presented to one Fraternity/Sorority chapter that has excelled in philanthropic services to the New Paltz campus and outside community. The Nominator will describe the community service activities, the people who benefited, financial contributions (if applicable), and any other pertinent information regarding the service projects and activities.
- For the purpose of this annual award, please indicate projects between 4/1/12 – 3/31/13.
- The entire chapter will have exhibited a commitment to service, with each active member contributing significant volunteer hours.
- The chapter has raised funds and awareness for a regional/national philanthropic effort. The Nominator will indicate this in the Nomination.
- The chapter must be in good standing with the United Greek Association, the Office of Student Activities & Union Services, and their Regional/National Office.
Program of the Year Award
- This award will be presented to the Fraternity/Sorority host(s) of one program held on campus during between 4/1/12 – 3/31/13.
- The program shall have positively contributed to the New Paltz campus community through education, awareness, and/or service. The Nominator will describe the program in detail, and indicate the impact it had on program attendants.
- The program shall have been properly reserved and coordinated through the Office of Student Activities.
- The Nominator may include program advertisements and/or pictures to the Nomination.
- The Fraternity/Sorority host(s) must be in good standing with the United Greek Association, the Office of Student Activities & Union Services and their Regional/National Office(s).
Overall Chapter Excellence Award
- This award will be presented to one Fraternity Chapter and one Sorority Chapter who have demonstrated chapter excellence during the 2012-2013 academic year.
- The chapter will demonstrate a commitment to leadership, membership, involvement, service, and academics. The Nominator will describe this in the Nomination.
- The Nominator should indicate how the Nominated Chapter is a good role model for the Fraternity/Sorority Community, and how it has had a positive impact on the campus and surrounding community.
- The Nominator should indicate any/all programs and community service events the chapter conducted during the 2012-2013 academic year.
- The chapter must be in good standing with the United Greek Association, the Office of Student Activities, and their National/Regional Office.
Fraternity/Sorority Leader of the Year Award
- This award will be presented to one member of the SUNY New Paltz Sorority community and one member of the SUNY New Paltz Fraternity community.
- The recipients will have had demonstrated leadership and dedication to their chapter, Fraternity and Sorority Life on campus, and the SUNY New Paltz community. The Nominator should indicate all co—curricular involvement on campus, programs, community service projects, or Fraternity/Sorority leadership roles as part of the Nomination.
- A student may nominate any member of the Fraternity/Sorority community; it does not need to be a member of your own organization.
- The student must meet their National Office and SUNY New Paltz minimum academic standard for Fraternity/Sorority Members.
- The student must be in good standing with the Office of Student Activities & Union Services, the Division of Student Affairs, SUNY New Paltz, and his/her National/Regional Office.
2012-2013 UGA Executive Board
Erica Pena, President
Erica is a member of Sigma Lambda Upsilon/Senoritas Latinas Unidas Sorority, Inc. She is a political science major with a concerntaration in International Relations. Erica loves that UGA unites all Greeks, and the best thing about Greek Life is her sisters. :)
Caitlin Cummings, Vice President
Caitlin is a member of Sigma Delta Tau Sorority, and is majoring in Political Science. Caitlin loves that Greek Life provides a sense of community and opportunities to give back. There's always a community service project or philanthropy event to attend!
Stephanie Santos, Secretary
Stephanie is a member of Omega Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. and is majoring in Early Childhood Education B-6. The best thing about Greek Life for her is being able to have a community full of leadership, diversity, and wonderful minds.
Lodia Acosta, Treasurer
Lodia is a member of Lambda Pi Upsilon Sorority, Latinas Poderosas Unidas, Inc.
Jazmely Ferreira, Public Relations
Jazmely is a member of Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc.
Indira Tavarez, Parliamentarian
Indira is a member of Chi Upsilon Sigma National Latin Sorority, Inc., and a Biology Major. Her favorite thing about Greek Life is that it gives you the opportunity to represent an organization you strongly believe in, and the opportunity to help others as well as yourself. We live, we learn, and we grow together as a big Greek family.
Millicent Soto, Historian
Millicent is a member of Sigma Lambda Upsilon/Senoritas Latinas Unidas Sorority, Inc.
Emily Frawley, Event Coordinator
Emily is a member of Sigma Delta Tau Sorority.