SUNY New Paltz celebrates its tenth year of participation in the National Make A Difference Day Program
MAKE A DIFFERENCE DAY 2014
Saturday, October 18
THIS YEAR'S ACTIVITIES
As part of the 2014 Make a Difference Day events, we will have two elements of the program: collections (leading up to the event with collections on Friday) and hands-on service (Saturday). We encourage students, faculty, and staff to participate in this great traditional event at New Paltz. Keep reading for more details on how to participate.
Keep in touch and post photo's for this years event at #NPVolunteers
FORMS AND OTHER MARKETING PIECES
ONLINE VOLUNTEER SIGN-UP: Click Here.
SERVICE HOST SITE: Is your local agency interested in hosting our volunteers on Saturday, Oct. 18 from 10 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. (approximate). The sign-up here to be considered.
We will be collecting canned goods for local charities this year. We ask that donated items are NEW, UNUSED, UNOPENED, and in ORIGINAL PACKAGING. Items will be donated to local charities, agencies, and service centers that support those in need throughout Ulster County. ALL collections can be turned in on Friday, Oct. 17 from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. in Student Union 2nd Floor Pre-function Space and outside Humanities 105.
Cash and coin donations are accepted, as well (checks can be made payable to SUNY New Paltz).
HANDS ON SERVICE
As always, many people are interested in volunteering their time. Below are ways that you can volunteer. Please note that we will assign students to the service agency with the greatest need.
- All individual participants will be entered in a drawing for a $50 Hawk Dollar credit.
- The residence hall with the greatest percentage of student participation will receive a $200 contribution for building supplies.
- The student club with the most volunteers participating on Saturday, October 18th will receive $200 to support their club.
VOLUNTEER INFORMATION FOR SATURDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2014 (ALL SERVICE TIMES WILL BE CONFIRMED VIA E-MAIL ON THURSDAY OCT. 16):
The schedule of events is as follows. Service sites are to be determined and volunteers will be assigned to agencies with the greatest need. We will do our best to put registered groups and requests together. Many sites are outdoors and some may involve pets/animals. If you have a condition or allergy in any of these setting, please make sure to note that on your online volunteer registration form or e-mail email@example.com in advance:
- Check-in and Registration, Lecture Center South Lobby, 8 a.m.
- Opening and Kick-off Remarks, Lecture Center 100, 9 a.m.
- Departure for Service Site by 9:30 a.m.
- Return back to campus from Service Site, no later than 3 p.m.