There are many opportunities for students to present the results of their research, scholarship and creative activities. Some of these events are listed here.
- SURE presentations
- Celebration of Writing Day
- SUNY New Paltz Student Research Symposium
- Posters at the NYS Capitol Legislative Office Building: This event will bring together SUNY Administration officials and state legislators with undergraduate scholars from each SUNY campus. The poster session features graduate and undergraduate students on alternating years. We are seeking nominations for undergraduate students to present research posters to the 2016 event. Find more details in the posterscap.
- SUNY Undergraduate Research Conference (SURC) is a multidisciplinary event hosted each spring semester by a different SUNY institution. SURC brings together undergraduate student researchers and faculty mentors from across the SUNY system for a full day of activities, including sessions devoted to student presentations (ranging from panel presentations, artistic displays, and poster presentations), luncheon with keynote speaker(s), a SUNY Graduate School and career fair, and professional development workshops for students and for faculty. FThe 2016 information is available here: http://blog.cobleskill.edu/SURC/surc.html.
- National Conference on Undergraduate Research: “The National Conferences on Undergraduate Research (NCUR), established in 1987, is dedicated to promoting undergraduate research, scholarship, and creative activity in all fields of study by sponsoring an annual conference for students. Unlike meetings of academic professional organizations, this gathering of young scholars welcomes presenters from all institutions of higher learning and from all corners of the academic curriculum. Through this annual conference, NCUR creates a unique environment for the celebration and promotion of undergraduate student achievement, provides models of exemplary research and scholarship, and helps to improve the state of undergraduate education. Students presenting at the National Conference will have the option of doing an oral or poster presentation.” Students must follow the NCURtravelawd to be eligible for travel funds.
- Posters on the Hill: This poster session is held on Capitol Hill each spring. This event provides opportunities for undergraduate researcher present their work and speak directly with their representatives. Please view the POH travel award postershillinstructions.
- Other undergraduate research conferences: This link is maintained by the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR). New Paltz is an enhanced member of CUR. Students, faculty and staff are eligible for free membership in CUR.