How to Obtain an Official Transcript
You can order an official transcript online at my.newpaltz.edu. Once logged in, current students should click "Academic" on the left column, and alumni should click "Alumni Resources". You will then be able to click "Official Transcript Request" (or can view an Unofficial Transcript).
You have the option to have a transcript mailed by the Records and Registration Office to an address of your choosing, OR you may come into the office and pick it up. Transcript requests are usually processed within 3-5 business days.
When requesting a transcript, you have the option to pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) or you can choose electronic check.
If you do not have access to my.newpaltz.edu and you attended New Paltz after 1985, please click on this link:
This will enable Alumni Affairs to activate a login so you may electronically request a transcript.
If you attended SUNY New Paltz prior to 1985 please:
• Or, send us a letter of request which includes:
- • Your name (or any former name your records may be under)
- • Your current address where you would like the transcript sent
- • Last 4 digits of your social security number
- • Semesters/dates of attendance
- • All degrees received
- • Date of birth
- • Any special handling instructions
- • Your signature
• Include the full address of where you wish the transcript to be sent and make sure your signature is on the request.
• The cost for each official transcript is $5.00 per copy, unofficial copies are $1.00. Please make the check or money order payable to SUNY New Paltz. Mail your request to:
SUNY New Paltz
Office of Records & Registration
500 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, NY 12561-2439
You may also fax or email the completed letter requesting your transcript along with your credit card information. Fax: (845) 257-3103. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can request and receive an official transcript in person at the Records and Registration office (HAB 19) during regular office hours.
If you have any questions, please call the office at (845) 257-3100.
SUNY New Paltz does not fax official transcripts.