How to Obtain an Official Transcript
- In your my.newpaltz.edu on the title "Academic" on the left column, and Alumni should click "Alumni Resources." On the left side of the screen, you will see a sub menu, click on "Official Transcript Request."
- You have the option to have a transcript mailed to an address of your choosing, OR you may come into the office and pick it up. Transcript requests are usually processed within 3-5 business days.
- You can pay by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express) or electronic check.
If you do not have access to my.newpaltz.edu and you attended New Paltz after 1985, please click visit the Recover New Paltz Computer User ID page.
For alumni who attended SUNY New Paltz prior to 1985:
Fill out a transcript request form and email it to email@example.com, fax it to 845-257-3103, or mail it to the Office of Records and Registration at the address below.
Or, send us a letter of request which includes:
- • Your name (or any former name your records may be under)
- • Your current address where you would like the transcript sent
- • Last 4 digits of your social security number
- • Semesters/dates of attendance
- • All degrees received
- • Date of birth
- • Any special handling instructions
- • Your signature
Include the full address of where you wish the transcript to be sent and make sure your signature is on the request.
The cost for each official transcript is $5 per copy; unofficial copies are $1. Please make the check or money order payable to SUNY New Paltz. Mail your request to:
SUNY New Paltz
Office of Records & Registration
500 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, NY 12561-2439
EFFECTIVE JULY 1, 2017: THE COST FOR EACH OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT WILL BE $10