The SUNY New Paltz Childhood Education (1-6) Program at SCCC
Through the Partnership for Higher Education, the Department of Elementary Education will offer some of its upper-level courses at SCCC.
The courses are part of the Childhood 1-6 curriculum required for students earning their B.S. in Childhood 1-6 Education.
Students must meet program admission requirements to be accepted into the program.
Additionally, English courses will be offered for those with a concentration in English.
Proposed SUNY New Paltz @ SCCC courses
Note: Proposed schedules are subject to change.
These courses are liberal arts and program prerequisites. All of the other prerequisite courses are part of the SCCC early childhood curriculum and may be taken through SCCC.
- Sociological and Philosophical Foundations of Education
- Math for Elementary Teachers 2
- English content
These courses are taken during your pre-professional semester. You must meet with your advisor to determine if you are ready.
- Creating Inclusive Elementary School Classrooms
- Teaching Reading in the Elementary School
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices (depending upon faculty availability)
Interested in learning more? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.