| Blackboard | Hawkmail | Library | Zimbra

A-Z Index | Contact Us | People-Finder

» Current Students | » Faculty & Staff | » Future Students | » Parents | » Alumni, Donors & Friends | » Athletics | » Employment | » Give Today!


Partnership for Higher Education

The Sullivan - SUNY New Paltz Partnership is no longer active
Take SUNY New Paltz Classes in Sullivan County and Expand Your Horizons

What is it?
Partnership for Higher Education/SUNY New Paltz @ SCCC is a joint initiative between Sullivan County Community College (SCCC) and SUNY New Paltz that expands educational opportunities for residents of Sullivan County. Through the initiative, SUNY New Paltz is bringing several upper-level courses to the Sullivan County Community College campus each fall and spring semester.

» Article in Campus Newsletter

What programs are offering classes at SCCC?

Each department participating in the initiative is offering a portion of its program on the SCCC campus. Students will have to take the remaining classes on the New Paltz campus in order to complete their degrees. Some classes may use interactive television, linking you (in real time) to the classroom in New Paltz.

How do I find out what courses are offered each semester?
You can go to the Extension and Distance Learning Web site to view a listing of all off-campus and online courses. Or, you can go to the Schedule of Classes and look for courses with "SUL CCC" in the BLDG and RM columns.

Who is it for?
SUNY New Paltz @ SCCC classes are geared for those who have their associate's degree. SCCC graduates may continue their education in Sullivan County.Working professionals in Sullivan County can return to school and take classes at times most convenient to their work schedule.

May I use library and computer services at SCCC?
Yes, you may use computer labs at SCCC (visit G-011 for assistance) and the SCCC library.

What are the requirements for admission?
Requirements vary for each program. Students must meet regular transfer student requirements for admission. Call or visit us for an individual consultation.

How do I apply?
SUNY New Paltz participates in the SUNY Common Application program.You can obtain an application from the Admissions Office (845-257- 3200) or the SUNY New Paltz Extension Office at SCCC (845-434-5750, ext. 4392).You can also apply online.

Official transcripts from all schools attended after high school must be sent to the SUNY New Paltz Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

How can a bachelor's degree help me?
Earning your bachelor's degree helps you to grow personally and professionally, keep up with the changing requirements and trends in your field, and expand your career options for the future.

How can I learn more?