In collaboration with SUNY New Paltz's major academic units, the Office of Extended Learning serves students in the Hudson Valley region through several different programs.
- The Extension Program: Offers select SUNY New Paltz courses through the Department of Educational Administration. Late afternoon, evening, 1-2 week courses, weekend courses, and online (synchronous and asynchronous) courses are offered to allow working adults different options for ease and convenience of learning. For more information go to the extension program website.
- Distance Learning: Offers 100+ online undergraduate and graduate level courses in a variety of disciplines leading towards a degree. Go to the extension program website for course listing and useful FAQs.
- Summer Session: Over 300 courses offered at all levels in seated, blended (seated and online), and online formats. Catch up, get ahead and fulfill requirements by taking one or more courses in summer. Go to the Summer Session website for course listings and useful information about summer session.
- Classroom Technology Institute (CTI): Offers specially designed graduate level courses for teachers and prospective teachers. Courses offer creative and effective strategies to integrate technology into the K-12 curriculum. Hands-one in the computer lab; blended (seated and online) modalities are used. See the CTI website for course listings and information.
- Graduate Admissions Advising: The Office of Graduate Admissions Advising provides program and admissions information to prospective graduate students. Schedule an appointment, call, or email us to work with an advisor who provides individualized program and application information. Go to the Graduate Advising website for more information.
- University in the High School: Working with select high schools in the Hudson Valley region, SUNY New Paltz offers high school students college credit. Start your college career with advanced standing while you're in high school. See the University in the High School website for more information.
- The Lifetime Learning Institute: The Institute offers a broad array of noncredit, noncompetitive courses for adult learners 55 years and older. Visit the Lifetime Learning Institute website for more information.