Crime in Progress
1. Do not attempt to apprehend or interfere with the criminal except in case of self protection.
2. In the event of a robbery, do not resist.
3. If safe to do so, take time to get a good description of the criminal. Note height, weight, sex, race, hair color, approximate age, clothing, method and direction of travel, and name, if known. All this takes only a few seconds and is of the utmost help to the investigating officers. If the criminal is entering a vehicle, note the license number, make and model, color, and outstanding characteristics.
4. Call University Police at x 2222. Give your name, location, telephone number, and department. Advise them of the situation details and give specific directions as to where you are located.
5. While University Police Officers are enroute, stay calm. (Fill out the form from the manual before discussing the details with anyone.)