1. Bomb threats usually occur by telephone.
2. The person receiving a bomb threat call should remain calm and attempt to obtain as much information as possible from the caller by using the checklist on the next page. In order to secure needed information, the caller should be kept on the line as long as possible.
3. Call University Police at x 2222, giving your name, location, and telephone number. Inform them of the situation including any information you may have as to the location of the bomb, time it is set to explode, and the time when you received the call.
4. Inform your supervisor and/or department head.
5. If instructed to evacuate, move a safe distance away from the building (a minimum of 500 ft.). If inclement weather conditions exist, you may move to another building a safe distance away. Do not re-enter the evacuated building until instructed by authorized personnel that it is safe to do so.
6. Handicapped individuals will be assisted from the building according to your individual building evacuation plan.
7. If you should spot a suspicious object, package, etc., report it to the authorities, but under no circumstances should you touch, tamper, or move it in any way!