Development & Alumni Relations
- The Office of Development and Alumni Relations focuses on activities with significant anticipated impacts while supporting an entrepreneurial spirit. The team consistently develops and implements innovations that uniquely express the character of New Paltz in their creativity and ingenuity. Examples include the overhauling of Convocation to create a student-centered event, the introduction of President’s Roundtables, and the piloting of a student-alumni internship program.
- Donor-centric Foundation processes ensure acknowledgement and proper use of every gift. Team members seek to meet and exceed donors’ expectations through data-driven systems and personal outreach.
- The Office energizes campus with the power of philanthropy, seeking new ways to engage alumni, faculty, staff, retirees, students, parents, and community members. The Office has worked to facilitate a cultural shift across campus in understanding the role each person plays in engaging constituents and fostering a culture of philanthropy.
- The Office creates opportunities for donors to enact meaningful change in the lives of young men and women for the betterment of their communities and the world. The team seeks to improve the donor-student connection, identify ways for students to experience how alumni and friends can positively affect their lives, and cultivate within students a desire to help others.
- Leading the essential campuswide initiative of engaging alumni, the Office of Alumni Relations is implementing a five-year strategic alumni plan, working collaboratively across the College community in new and exciting ways.