From NYS Thruway, exit 18
Turn left at the traffic light and continue toward Village of New Paltz. Turn left at the intersection of Main Street (Route 299) and Route 32 South. Proceed 0.4 miles to the South entrance to SUNY New Paltz. Turn right onto Southside Loop and proceed, bearing left at the stop sign. Turn right onto South Road and continue to stop sign. Park in Elting Main Parking (Lot 5). Follow signs to theatre.
From Kingston and points north:
Travel south on Route 32 in Village of New Paltz. Proceed to the intersection of Main Street (Route 299) and Route 208 South. Cross Main Street and continue on Route 208 for 0.9 miles. Turn left into the West Entrance of campus (Hawk Drive). At stop sign, turn left. Continue past Athletic & Wellness Center. Park in Elting Main Parking (Lot 5). Follow signs to theatre.
For Middletown and points south:
Travel north on Route 211 to Route 17K. Turn right onto 17K and follow it to the intersection of Route 208 North. Turn left onto Route 208 North and proceed to Route 32 North which will take you into New Paltz. Proceed north into New Paltz for 17.1 miles. Turn right into the West Entrance of campus (Hawk Drive). At stop sign, turn left. Continue past Athletic & Wellness Center. Park in Elting Main Parking (Lot 5). Follow signs to theatre.
For driving directions generated from Google Maps visit our Directions page.
Visit this page for a printable campus map.
Visitor parking permits are required Monday – Friday from 6:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Visitor parking permits are $2 per day (exact cash & change only)
Visitor parking is free after 6:30 p.m. on weekdays and all day on Saturdays & Sundays
Visitors may park in lots designated as "Visitor." View parking lot designations on the Parking website.
The best visitor parking for the box office located in Parker Theatre and all events scheduled in McKenna Theatre are:
- Elting Main Parking (Lot 5)
- Elting Middle Parking (Lot 6)
- Elting Lower Parking (Lot 7)
- Parker Theatre Parking (Lot 9) – Handicap only
Visitor permits are available for $2 (exact cash & change only) at the following locations:
- Welcome Center located in the Haggerty Administration Building lobby, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Parking Office located in Haggerty Administration Building 35, Monday – Friday 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Park-and-pay machines located at Hawk Drive (West entrance), Route 32 Parking (Lot 28) & Elting Main Parking (Lot 5), 24 hours/day
= Parking permit required
Electric golf cart shuttles will run back and forth between Parker Theatre Parking (Lot 9) and the handicap accessible entrance to McKenna Theatre one hour prior to the following events only*:
- Faculty Gala - Saturday, July 11
- Hung-Kuan Chen Recital - Saturday, July 18
- Jacob Flier Piano Competition Final Round - Wednesday, July 22
- Vladimir Ovchinnikov Recital - Saturday, July 25
- Symphony Gala - Friday, July 31
The shuttle service is available only to those who have difficulty walking between Parker Theatre Parking (Lot 9) and McKenna Theatre.
Shuttles will be administered on a first, come first serve basis. We do not accept reservations.
= Shuttle service provided
*Our electric golf carts are not equipped to operate in wet conditions. In the event of rain, we will be unable to operate the shuttle service.