Qualtrics web survey software is available to New Paltz faculty, staff, and students. Qualtrics combines an easy to use interface with a sophisticated research product. There are many question types including heat maps, slider and rank order. You can format questions with rich text editing and graphics. Qualtrics allows customized text for respondents such as personalizing a survey with a name or pulling text from previous questions into subsequent questions. You can read more about the features here http://www.qualtrics.com/research-suite/building-surveys/.
1. Your campus Qualtrics account is restricted to university-related work. Its purpose is to allow users to conduct research and gather information in support of the university's educational mission and organizational goals. Student use of Qualtrics is restricted to surveys for coursework and faculty/staff guided research.
2. Requesting an account: Faculty and staff may contact Institutional Research and Planning at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an account. Please include your name, campus phone number, and your department in your request. Undergraduate and graduate students may be granted accounts when supervised by faculty or staff for class, research or work purposes. Students must go through the supervising faculty/staff to request an account.
3. Use of Qualtrics must comply with campus policies including:
“Unauthorized Use of Computer Services” in the Student Handbook (http://www.newpaltz.edu/studentaffairs/regulations.html), Section III, B, 18.00
4. Qualtrics accounts will be closed when the user leaves New Paltz. Any surveys and data associated with that account will be deleted. Appeals of this policy in instances such as a student who will continue working on thesis data with a New Paltz faculty member after graduation, etc. can be emailed to email@example.com.
5. All human participant research conducted by New Paltz University faculty, students, and staff, must receive prior approval of New Paltz’s Human Research Ethics Board.
6. Users are also bound by all applicable contracts and licenses, including Qualtrics’ Acceptable Use Statement, available at http://www.qualtrics.com/acceptable-use-statement. Use of Qualtrics must conform to federal copyright law (http://www.copyright.gov/title17/) and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (http://www.unco.edu/generalcounsel/dmca.htm).
7. Lost password: If you have a Qualtrics account but do not remember your password, go to the login page and click on the link "Forgot your password?"