Tools for Communication
ALL work order forms and tools for communication are now located on my.newpaltz.edu
For all mail-related inquiries, please call (845) 257-3122
Office of Communication & Marketing
Phone: (845) 257-3245
Fax: (845) 257-3345
Haggerty Administration Building 411
1 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, NY 12561-2443
(Marketing, Media Relations, Digital Media)
Design, Print & Mail Services
(845) 257–3997 Fax
Print and Mail Services
(845) 257–3997 Fax
Other Campus PR Contacts:
Sports Information Director, Athletics
Phone: (845) 257-3927
Art Services Assist
Phone: (845) 257-3858
- General news and event releases [how to | view releases]
- Design Services
- Campus Digital Signage
- Emergency communication (cancellation and delays)
- Experts Database
- Media Relations
- Mail Services
- my.newpaltz.edu, in collaboration with Computer Services
- Print Services
- RSS Feeds
- Web Management: The college's main Web site, www.newpaltz.edu, and departmental sites
- The Samuel Dorsky Museum of Art media relations and publicity
- New Paltz Connect Monthly E-Newsletter
- The New Paltz Magazine
To read our comprehensive guidelines, visit the New Paltz Style Guide.
All of us in Communication & Marketing look forward to working with you. Please feel free to stop by our office located in Haggerty Administration Building, Room 411 or call us at (845) 257-3245 if you have any questions.
General Guidelines & Disclaimers
- Web sites supported by the university network may not be used for illegal or non-university commercial purposes.
Web sites should be reviewed by departments/individuals (content managers) regularly to keep them timely and accurate.
- The university reserves the right to remove Web space to groups or individuals who ignore and/or do not comply with the guidelines without notice. The university also reserves the right to remove access for special problems such as pages that have become static, contain an excessive number of invalid links to other sites, are not in compliance with the Web Accessibility Guidelines, or deny or degrade service to others. Those individuals responsible for the site will receive notification in writing from the Director. In addition, copies of this notification will be sent to their department head, dean (if applicable), Assistant Vice President for Technology and Information Systems, and the Vice President for Administration and Finance. If the situation is not remedied by the due date determined by the appropriate authority, the site will be taken down.
- Students and/or consultants may not be hired by departments/faculty/staff (Work Study, Temporary Service or otherwise) to design, create, and/or update official or unit Web sites, except under special circumstances as determined by the Web Team Manager.
- All pages should carry a link to the page that comes logically before the page in question. By following such links, a browser should be able to reach the New Paltz home page in a small number of steps.
- Official information that already exists on university pages (such as schedules of classes, course descriptions, directory information, descriptions of the university etc.) may not be duplicated on unit or affiliated pages. Instead, the unit and affiliated pages should either link to the existing official Web page, or contact the Web Office to discuss other options.
- All official pages should follow the university's editorial and image Office of Communication & Marketing to maintain consistency in the use of punctuation, capitalization, titles and the university logo.
The SUNY New Paltz Web site includes both official and unofficial pages. Official pages are those sanctioned by the college; unofficial pages are those not sanctioned or maintained by the college, including, but not limited to staff, faculty, student organizations, and student personal pages. SUNY New Paltz has no control over these unofficial pages and does not monitor the content of these pages, which may change regularly. SUNY New Paltz is not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of the contents of any unofficial page. The views and opinions expressed on any unofficial page are strictly those of the page author. Any comments on those pages should be directed to the page author(s).
SUNY New Paltz provides links to Web sites operated by other parties. The links are provided as a convenience to our visitors. The presence of a link does not imply any endorsement of the material on the Web site or any association with the Web site's operator(s). The College does not operate, control or endorse any information, products or services provided by third parties through the Internet. The College is not responsible for the content and performance of these Web sites. SUNY New Paltz provides links consistent with its educational mission. The College may provide convenient links to unofficial or third party Web sites at its sole discretion. Such a link is a privilege and not a right, even for third parties affiliated with SUNY New Paltz. SUNY New Paltz expressly reserves the right to decline to link to any unofficial or third party Web site and to terminate any link at any time for any reason whatsoever.
Disclaimer that must be present on all affiliated pages:
SUNY New Paltz is not responsible for the accuracy or completeness of the contents of this unofficial page. The views and opinions expressed on this unofficial page are strictly those of the page author. Any comments on those pages should be directed to the page author(s).
- Departments/programs can not host their sites on an exteral server, nor can custom domain names be purchased, without prior written approval of the Director of the Web Management Office.