Tools for Communication
ALL work order forms and tools for communication are now located on my.newpaltz.edu
For all mail-related inquiries, please call (845) 257-3122
Office of Communication & Marketing
Phone: (845) 257-3245
Fax: (845) 257-3345
Haggerty Administration Building 411
1 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, NY 12561-2443
(Marketing, Media Relations, Digital Media)
Design, Print & Mail Services
(845) 257–3997 Fax
Print and Mail Services
(845) 257–3997 Fax
Other Campus PR Contacts:
Sports Information Director, Athletics
Phone: (845) 257-3927
Art Services Assist
Phone: (845) 257-3858
- General news and event releases [how to | view releases]
- Design Services
- Campus Digital Signage
- Emergency communication (cancellation and delays)
- Experts Database
- Media Relations
- Mail Services
- my.newpaltz.edu, in collaboration with Computer Services
- Print Services
- RSS Feeds
- Web Management: The college's main Web site, www.newpaltz.edu, and departmental sites
- The Samuel Dorsky Museum of Art media relations and publicity
- New Paltz Connect Monthly E-Newsletter
- The New Paltz Magazine
To read our comprehensive guidelines, visit the New Paltz Style Guide.
All of us in Communication & Marketing look forward to working with you. Please feel free to stop by our office located in Haggerty Administration Building, Room 411 or call us at (845) 257-3245 if you have any questions.
Basic Mail Guidelines for Faculty/Staff
1. Please separate outgoing mail from mail that is staying on campus. Stamped mail should be separated from the mail that needs to be metered. International mail should be separated and marked with a paper clip. Also, please secure all separated mail with rubber bands.
2. All campus mail should be put in a brown interagency envelope. Please, do not use white envelopes for interoffice mail because it is easily confused with outgoing mail.
3. All outgoing mail must have an account number, pre-printed or stamped, in the upper left-hand corner. Any mail without a stamped account number will be sent back to you, so to avoid any delays please make sure that each piece of mail is stamped.
4. All envelopes that you would like us to seal must be facing the same direction. Flaps can be opened or closed, but they all must be the same. Please seal any large envelopes before you send them to us because they will not go through the machine properly. Also, please seal any envelopes where the flap is located on the side instead of the top.
5. Campus mail is sorted by department, not by name. Please make sure that all mail is addressed properly with the department name. We have had quite a few problems with this one. If you are sending mail to a faculty member address the mail to the department not to their office.
6. Outgoing mail is picked up by the Post Office at 12:00pm. If you need anything sent out immediately you should drop it off at the window by 11:30. Please do not wait for us to pick it up. The mail that we pick up sometimes does not go out until the following day.
7. Overnight mail (UPS) is picked up at 3:00pm. If you are sending out a FedEx it must be to us by 12:00 or it will not go out that day.