New Paltz has been named one of America's 25 hottest schools by the 2008 Kaplan/Newsweek "How to Get into College" Guide under the category of "Hottest Small State School." The annual guide is designed to help college bound students and their families by illuminating issues and opportunities that await them. This year's guide features "The 25 Hottest Schools in America," which profiles schools that all offer top academic programs but are also generating extra buzz this year, whether due to recent events, trendsetting initiatives or other. The 264-page guide will be available in bookstores on Aug. 20 and can also be ordered on Kaplan's Web site at www.kaptest.com/store or by calling 1-800-KAP-ITEM.
August 13, 2007
Volume 5, Issue 15
- » College community heralds fall arrival of about 1,700 new students, 35 new faculty
- » Business alum receives prestigious fellowship at Goldman Sachs investment bank in London
- » Dynamic program is catalyst for minority success
- » New Paltz named as one of America's 25 hottest schools
- » News Pulse going full color this issue
- » News Pulse seeking public opinion
- » History department and BOCES gain grant to fund summer history program
News Pulse is published every other week for the faculty and staff of New Paltz by the Office of Public Affairs. It is printed in-house on recycled paper.
To submit information to the newsletter, please complete the online form. If you are requesting inclusion in the June 4 issue, your submission must be received by noon on Tuesday, May 29. Contact Eric Gullickson or Kristin Charles-Scaringi with any questions.
Phone: 845-257-3245 | Fax: 845-257-3345 | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org