Wednesday through Sunday: 11 am – 5 pm
(Closed Mondays, Tuesdays, and Holidays)
Please call ahead during summer and intersessions to confirm museum hours.
SPECIAL CLOSURES in 2017:
(**The East Wing will be closed for the replacement of our air & temperature handling system May 22nd through January 30, 2018. The West Wing will continue to be open for exhibitions according to our normal scheduling.**)
Spring Break 3/18–3/28
Easter: 4/15 & 16
May 24 – June 9
Fall break: 10/7 & 8
Thanksgiving break: 11/22–26
Winter intersession begins 12/13
$5 Suggested donation
The Dorsky is located in the center of campus very close to the Student Union Building (SUB) (the glass structure) and the Haggerty Administration Building (HAB), both of which are easily accessed from Route 32/Manheim Boulevard.
Visitor parking can be found both in front of the Welcome Center (located in the HAB), and in the lots on the west side of the campus (see map). When parking on the Manheim Boulevard (east) side of the campus, the museum is visible just beyond the SUB. Enter through the the doors headed by "Fine & Performing Arts Center."
State University of New York at New Paltz
1 Hawk Drive (75 S. Manheim Boulevard for GPS)
New Paltz, NY 12561
PARKING AND DIRECTIONS:
All students, faculty, staff, and visitors who wish to park on the SUNY New Paltz campus must have a valid parking hangtag or $2/day visitor permit.
* 24-hour visitor parking permits are available at the Welcome Center (accessible via the main campus entrance) located in the Haggerty Administration Building (HAB) lobby. Yellow Park and Pay machines are also located on Hawk Drive at the West entrance, in the Elting Main parking lot (5), and in Lot 28 across from the Hopfer Admissions and Alumni Center.
Permits are not needed on weekends.
Handicap parking is located in the lot on the east side of the Faculty Office Building (west of Bouton Hall) (lot not shown on map), and on the southwest side of Parker Theater (Lot 9).
Visitors to the museum are encouraged to enter the campus from either of the following two roads:
From the East:
1. Southside Loop (off Route 32 South / S. Manheim Blvd.)
From Rt. 299/Main St. go .6 mile south on Rt. 32 to Southside Loop. Turn right. At the second stop sign and 'T' intersection, turn right and pass the Athletic & Wellness Center. Park in the Elting Main Parking (Lot 5) on the left.
From the West:
2. Hawk Drive (off Route 208 / S. Chestnut St.)
From Route 299/Main St., go .7 mile south on Route 208. Turn left onto Hawk Drive. At the stop sign 'T' intersection, turn left. Continue past the Athletic & Wellness Center. Park in Elting Main Parking (Lot 5) on the left.
Follow signs to the McKenna Theater and enter the museum from the west side of the McKenna Theater building.
Please allow extra time for parking when visiting the museum.
Please visit the Parking Web site for more details on visitor parking on our campus.
All galleries and restrooms are wheelchair accessible. If you are a person with a disability who will require special accommodations please contact Amy Pickering at 845.257.3844.
GROUP VISITS, GUIDED TOURS, and COLLECTION ACCESS:
For information on guided tours, bringing a group to the museum, or accessing objects from the permanent collection which are not currently on view, click HERE.
For further information contact Zachary Bowman at 845.257.3604 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please keep hands off and away from all artwork and walls.
- No food or drink is allowed in the galleries.
- Flash photography and camera extension poles are not allowed unless otherwise noted.
- Attendants are present to assure the safety of the artworks, and to assist visitors. Please follow their directions when asked.
- Backpacks, umbrellas, and all items 11 x 14 inches (28 x 35.5 cm) or larger are not allowed in the galleries. The museum does not have a designated bag check, but visitors are invited to leave their bags with the front desk.