SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
- About the School
- Undergraduate Program
- Center for Business Advising
- Current & Prospective Students
- Business Community
- Faculty & Staff
- News & Events
- New Paltz
- Transfer Equivalency Database
Are you an international student? Are you outside the New Paltz area and unable to attend an Information Session? If so, MBA informational appointments are now available online via Skype! Set up your meeting today by sending an email to Aaron Hines at email@example.com.
Admission to the MBA program will be based on the applicant's academic and professional qualifications and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- A four-year baccalaureate degree program or equivalent from an accredited institution. The degree must be in Accounting if applying for the MBA in Public Accountancy program.
- An undergraduate grade-point average of 3.0 or higher (4.0 basis).
- Satisfactory test score on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- For international students, a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 550 (213 computer based or 80 internet based) or higher is required prior to admission. Candidates with less than the required TOEFL score will be admitted to the English as a Second Language (ESL) program.
- Entering MBA students are expected to have competency in basic computer, quantitative, and oral and written communication skills. Students that need to acquire these skills will be advised to take additional credit or noncredit courses to obtain these skills. Any credits taken to obtain basic skills may not, however, be applied towards the MBA degree.
- Entering MBA students who have earned a "B" or better in any of the foundation courses approved to be equivalent to the corresponding courses at New Paltz may have these courses waived. Up to nine credits of graduate coursework approved to be equivalent to the corresponding courses at New Paltz may be transferred into the MBA program.
Academic Program Requirements
To qualify for the MBA degree, the student must complete 36-57 credit hours of graduate level courses. Candidates with a B.S./B.A. in Business Administration or Accounting degree may receive waivers for some of the foundation courses based on an evaluation of their undergraduate coursework. MBA degree requirements must be completed within seven years of acceptance into the program, with a cumulative average of no less than 3.0 (4.0 basis) and with no more than two grades below a B-. All MBA courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or better to continue progression in the program.