Asymptotic methods, perturbation methods, special functions, orthogonal polynomials, difference equations, inverse functions, and symbolic computation.
Awards, Honors & Recognition
- Faculty Mentor Award, SUNY New Paltz, 2014.
- Humboldt Research Fellowship for experienced researchers, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, 2008-2010.
- Provosts Research Award, SUNY New Paltz, 2005-2006.
- Richard C. DiPrima Prize, for outstanding research in applied mathematics, SIAM, 2004.
- UIC University Fellowship, University of Illinois at Chicago, 2002-2003.