LLI encourages the active participation of its members. The following is an outline of the various LLI committees – we warmly welcome you to join us!
- Classroom Affairs provides assistance to faculty members and ensures that needed materials and support are available for classes.
- Curriculum Committee - The Curriculum Committee provides courses and schedules for a fall and spring term, as well as for mid-winter and summer session, if scheduled. The Committee oversees sub-committees of class support, audio-visual, and peer study; recruits presenters and helps them define their courses; prepares course descriptions for the catalogues in a timely manner; and schedules classrooms.
- Events Committee – The Special Events Committee plans, arranges, and coordinates trips and special productions for LLI.
- Membership Committee – The Outreach Committee focuses on outreach for new members. The Committee develops the membership application and mails welcome packets to new members. The committee also sets up the welcome table for the first week of class to assist members in adding and dropping classes and orienting new members.
- Public Relations Committee – The Public Relations Committee provides information to the membership and community about the Lifetime Learning Institute (LLI) at SUNY New Paltz; produces and sends out the course bulletin; produces, publishes, and places press releases and flyers.
- Volunteer Committee – The Volunteer Committee coordinates and fills requests for volunteers, as needed.
For more information or to contact LLI about serving on a committee, please email email@example.com.