The Latin American Studies Program is sponsoring the following extracurricular academic activities on campus this spring semester:
- First World Diaspora II Undergraduate Conference, Friday, April 25 and Saturday, April 26, 2014, SUNY Geneseo
- Speaker Series on Latin American Economics: Francisco Martinez-Hernandez on March 4, 2014, Laura Ebert on March 25, 2014, and Roxana Julia on April 25, 2014. All presentations will be at SUNY New Paltz, Honors Center, 5 p.m.
- African Diaspora Film Festival, Black Studies and Latin American and Caribbean Studies.
- Latin American Film Festival April 7-17, 2014.
- Cinco de Mayo Celebration, Wednesday, April 30, 2014.
These and other activities have been co-sponsored by other academic departments and by student organizations such as Latin American Student Union, Caribbean Students Organization, the Spanish Club, the Latino Cultural Center, and Latino Week. All activities are free and open to the public.