| Blackboard | Hawkmail | Library | Zimbra

A-Z Index | Contact Us | People-Finder

» Current Students | » Faculty & Staff | » Future Students | » Parents | » Alumni, Donors & Friends | » Athletics | » Employment | » Give Today!

world map and compass

International Student Services: Current Students

Transfer Information

According to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service, a “transfer” occurs when an F-1 student moves from one ESL program to another, from an ESL program to an academic program, from an undergraduate program to a graduate program, or from full time Optional Practical Training to another academic program.  When an international student moves from one school to another, the transfer procedure must be completed.

F-1 students currently studying at SUNY New Paltz or completing OPT or STEM extension who want to transfer to a new school should submit the following documents to the International Student Programs office: transfer out form and the admission letter from the new school.  Please note that the SEVIS record should be transferred to the new school no more than 60 days after the end of the last enrolled semester at SUNY New Paltz, or the completion of your program, or the end of your OPT / STEM extension period. If you are currently not in New Paltz, please fax the form to the International Student Programs office at (845) 257-3608 or email it to