LC 113 Smart Classroom Instructions
To Turn On the Projector, located behind the rear screen:
Point the remote control toward the rear screen. Press the RED Power Button on the remote control for about two seconds. Gradually, the screen will grow brighter as the projector warms up. Please remember to turn off the projector at the end of class by pointing the remote toward the rear screen and pressing the red power button twice.
To Turn On the Computer:
Press the Power button on the computer tower. Enter your New Paltz Computer User ID and password.
- On the Extron box located on the front edge of the desk, press button 1, Computer.
- If the computer image is not displayed on the projector screen, press the Computer button on the remote control.
- On the remote, press the Auto Setup button.
- Complete all of above steps. The Extron box must be set to button 1.
- Turn on the document camera by pressing the power button on the pedestal.
- Click on the Document Camera Icon on the lower left of the computer desktop. The document camera can project books, papers and three-dimensional objects.
To Display a Laptop:
- Locate the cable on the side table labeled LAPTOP.
- Connect the VGA cable to the laptop video out. Your laptop may require a converter.
- Connect the ⅛” mini audio jack cable to the laptop audio out.
- Set laptop display resolution to 1024 x 768. Please call if you need assistance.
- On the Extron box located on the front edge of the desk, press button 2, Laptop.
- On the remote press, the Auto Setup button.
- On the remote, press the Video Button.
- On the DVD/VHS unit, turn the power on. Insert DVD or VHS tape. Press play.
- DVDs can also be played through the computer.
Volume is controlled via the Projector Remote. The Projector must be powered on in order for Sound to be heard. Please return the volume to the default setting of 30 when you are done.
USB Drives may be connected to the computer via ports on left side of LCD monitor or top edge of keyboard.
Other Features of Projector Remote
Press the yellow Laser button to activate. Please be cautious of people’s eyes.
Capturing an Image:
Press the Freeze button to display the screen as a still image. Sound will be muted. Press Freeze again to release the image and restore sound.
Stopping Projection Temporarily:
Press the Shutter button to turn off lamp for black screen. Press the Shutter button again to return to projection.
Enlarge the Center Area:
Press the digital zoom +/- button to enlarge center area of projected image. Adjust the zoom by pressing the plus or minus side of the button. Use the directional buttons to shift the center point of enlarged area.
IMPORTANT! Please remember to TURN OFF all equipment at the end of class.