We are pleased to make webcasts of numerous Institute for Disaster Mental Health trainings and conference presentations available for public viewing. Please contact us at email@example.com or 845-257-3477 if you are interested in sponsoring a training for your organization.
Trainings by James Halpern, Ph.D., IDMH Director, & Karla Vermeulen, Ph.D., IDMH Deputy Director:
- Disaster Mental Health Assistance in Public Health Emergencies, sponsored by the New York-New Jersey Preparedness & Emergency Response Learning Center
- Disaster Mental Health Response to Mass Casualty Incidents, sponsored by the New York State Department of Health
From the 2013 conference, Radiological Readiness: Preparing for Dirty Bombs, Nuclear Disasters, and Other Radiation Emergencies:
Steven M. Becker, Ph.D., Professor of Community and Environmental Health, College of Health Sciences, Old Dominion University:
From Radiological Incidents to Nuclear Calamities: Social, Behavioral, and Risk Communication Issues in Radiation Emergencies
Greg Brunelle, M.S., New York State Office of Emergency Management & Steve Moskowitz, L.M.S.W., New York State Office of Mental Health:
Risk Messaging and Crisis Communication
Mary Tramontin, Psy.D., and Karla Vermeulen, Ph.D.
Understanding Post-Blast Human Behavior: Disaster Mental Health Overview
Multidisciplinary plenary moderated by Gerald Benjamin, Ph.D., Director, Center for Research, Regional Education and Outreach, featuring
- New York State Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services: Jerome Hauer, Ph.D., Commissioner
- New York State Department of Health: Adela Salme-Alfie, Ph.D., Acting Director Division of Environmental Health Investigation
- New York State Office of Mental Health: Lloyd I. Sederer, M.D., Medical Director
- American Red Cross in Greater NY Emergency Services: Diane Ryan, L.C.S.W., Regional Director of Disaster Mental Health and Partner Services
IDMH also offers DVDs of previous conferences and trainings for purchase:
2012: Building Capacity: Mitigating and Managing Responder Stress
All keynote presentations and selected professional workshops are included on the professional recording of the 9th annual IDMH conference, which focused on mitigating occupational hazards of disaster and trauma work through effective self-care and stress management strategies. DVD cost, including shipping & handling: $35.
2012 DVD Order Form
2011: Lessons from Adversity: Strengthening Preparedness Through Reflections from 9/11
Includes professional recording of the 2-day conference and trainings, with 20 speakers addressing insights learned from response and recovery efforts and addressing recommended practices for the upcoming 10-year anniversary. DVD-ROM Set available for only $35.
2011 DVD Order Form
2010: Cognitive Processing Therapy: DVD Training Package for Treating PTSD
Led by Patricia A. Resick, Ph.D., co-developer of CPT. Includes four DVD-ROM set of training, including a split-screen view of both the training PowerPoint slides and video of Dr. Resick's presentation; printed copies of support materials; bound CPT Manual; CPT Worksheets; and handout of Training PowerPoint. Cost, including shipping & handling: $120.
2010 DVD and Materials Order Form