|Jan. 1||Tuesday||New Year's Day||1|
|Jan. 21||Monday||Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day||1|
|Feb. 12||Tuesday||Lincoln's Birthday||3, 6|
|Feb. 18||Monday||Washington's Birthday||1|
|May 26||Monday||Memorial Day||1|
|July 4||Friday||Independence Day||1|
|Sept. 1||Monday||Labor Day||1|
|Oct. 13||Monday||Columbus Day||2|
|Nov. 4||Tuesday||Election Day||3, 6|
|Nov. 11||Tuesday||Veteran's Day||2|
|Nov. 27||Thursday||Thanksgiving||1, 5|
|Nov. 28||Friday||Day after Thanksgiving (not a holiday)||4|
|Dec. 25||Tues.||Christmas Day||1, 5|
1. No classes; all offices are closed. Eligible employees who are required to work may receive additional compensation in the form of holiday pay or holiday leave (or vacation), in accordance with their bargaining unit agreement and applicable waiver option.
2. Classes are in session and all offices are open. Offices may be staffed by faculty, professional and/or management/confidential personnel. Supervisors may require essential classified staff to work on these holidays. Eligible employees who are required to work may receive additional compensation in the form of holiday pay or holiday leave in accordance with their bargaining unit agreement and holiday waiver.
3. Classes are in session and all offices are open. Lincoln's Birthday has been designated as a floating holiday for 2008 for most staff. It is anticipated that Election Day will be designated as a floating holiday as well. Staff required to work on this day will get holiday leave, which must be taken within one year from the date the time is accrued and with the prior approval of the supervisor.
4. This is not an official holiday. The college cannot officially close, but non-essential staff may take the day off and charge their time. Supervisors should be prepared to schedule work and to make sure working areas are open for any staff who desire to work on this day.
5. Employees represented by CSEA and PEF who are required to work are eligible to receive holiday compensation in the form of holiday pay or holiday leave at the time and one-half rate. Employees represented by UUP who are eligible to observe Thanksgiving and Christmas, and who are required to work on such holiday, shall be granted one and one-half compensatory days off.
6. These days are NOT designated floating holidays for employees in the Security Services and Security Supervisors units but are observed as fixed holidays with related benefits.
Eligible veterans and former reservists have certain other options for Memorial Day, Independence Day and Veteran's Day. Employees may inquire in the Payroll Department for more information.
Eligibility for part-time employees to be paid or earn holiday leave may depend on the regular work schedule of the employee, in accordance with bargaining unit agreements.
* Pending changes; subject to new contracts