|Jan. 1||Mon.||New Year's Day||1, C|
|Jan. 15||Mon.||Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day||1, C|
|Feb. 12||Mon.||Lincoln's Birthday||3,10|
|Feb. 19||Mon.||Washington's Birthday||2|
|May 28||Mon.||Memorial Day||1, C, D|
|Jul. 4||Wed.||Independence Day||1, C, D|
|Sept. 3||Mon.||Labor Day||1, C|
|Oct. 8||Mon.||Columbus Day||1, C|
|Nov. 6||Tues.||Election Day||4, 10|
|Nov. 11||Sun.||Veteran's Day||D|
|Nov. 12||Mon.||Veteran's Day (observed)||2, 7,D|
|Nov. 22||Thurs.||Thanksgiving||1,8, C|
|Nov. 23||Fri.||Day after Thanksgiving (not a holiday)||5|
|Dec. 25||Tues.||Christmas Day||1, 8, C|
For UUP members: A
For Council 82 members: B
For CSEA and PEF members: C
For eligible veterans and former reservists: D
For part-time employees: E
1. No classes; all offices are closed. Eligible employees who are required to work may receive additional compensation in the form of holiday pay or holiday leave (or vacation), in accordance with their bargaining unit agreement and applicable waiver option.
2. Classes are in session. All offices are open. Offices may be staffed by faculty, professional and/or management/confidential personnel. Supervisors may require essential classified staff to work on these holidays. Eligible employees who are required to work may receive additional compensation in the form of holiday pay or holiday leave in accordance with their bargaining unit agreement and holiday waiver.
3. Classes are in session. All offices are open. Lincoln's Birthday has been designated as a Floating Holiday for 2007 for most staff (see # 10). Most staff required to work on this day will get holiday leave to be taken prior to February 12, 2008, with the prior approval of the supervisor.
4. Classes are in session and all offices are open. It is anticipated that Election Day will be designated as a Floating Holiday for 2007 for most state employees (see #10.) Most staff required to work on this day will get holiday leave, which must be taken prior to November 7, 2008 with the prior approval of the supervisor. Professional Staff who work on this day may use their holiday leave on the day after Thanksgiving.
5. This is not an official holiday. The college cannot officially close, but non-essential staff may take the day off charging it to holiday leave, compensatory time, annual leave, personal leave, or leave without pay. Supervisors should be prepared to schedule work and to make sure working areas are open for any staff who desire to work on this day. Professional staff may use unused holiday leave. (see #4).
6. The state has not designated another day to be observed. Eligible employees will earn holiday leave for this day. Eligible employees who are required to work will receive additional compensation in the form of holiday pay or holiday leave, pursuant to bargaining unit agreements and holiday waiver.
7. Consistent with the attendance rules for the classified service and the negotiated agreements, when a holiday falls on a Sunday, it will be observed on the following Monday. Eligible employees who are required to work on Monday may receive additional compensation in the form of holiday pay or holiday leave, as negotiated.
8. Employees represented by CSEA, PEF and Managerial Confidential employees who are required to work are eligible to receive holiday compensation in the form of holiday pay or holiday leave at the time and one-half rate. Employees represented by UUP who are eligible to observe Thanksgiving and Christmas, and who are required to work on such holiday, shall be granted one and one-half compensatory days off.
9. For CSEA, Council 82 and PEF: When January 1 falls on a Sunday and is observed on Monday, employees whose regular work schedule includes January 1 shall observe the holiday on that date. If required to work, the employee may receive additional compensation or compensatory time off. For those employees, January 2 will not be considered a holiday.
A. UUP members who are eligible for these holidays and who are required to work on a holiday, or when any specified holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday or pass day, will be granted equivalent compensatory time off.
B. Council 82 members who are required to work on any of the holidays listed above will receive their regular holiday benefit as defined in the bargaining unit agreements; holiday compensatory time will be added to vacation accruals.
D. Eligible veterans and former reservists have certain other options for Memorial Day, Independence Day and Veteran's Day. Affected employees may inquire in the payroll department for more information.