SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Professional)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Department: Dean - Fine & Performing Arts
Budget Title: Staff Assistant
Local Title: Marketing and Promotion Coordinator
Posting Date: January 30, 2018
Duties: The School of Fine & Performing Arts at SUNY New Paltz seeks an energetic and creative person to coordinate efforts to promote events and activities in the Departments of Art, Art History, Music and Theatre Arts. This is a half-time (20hrs/week) position.
The Marketing & Promotion Coordinator will collaborate with staff and faculty in the School of Fine & Performing Arts, the Office of Communication & Marketing and other units on campus to set marketing priorities, develop strategies and execute campaigns to attract positive attention to the School and to SUNY New Paltz as a whole.
The ideal candidate will be tech savvy, with an ability to compose, publish and distribute communications for web and print that combine written text, images, videos and other assets.
The Coordinator will be the School of Fine & Performing Arts’ primary point of contact with the Office of Communication & Marketing, and will work closely with writers, editors, designers and web developers in that office on an array of collaborative communication projects, while adhering to the College branding standards.
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to: writing, editing, graphic design, coordinating design and print of physical marketing materials, use of a web content management system, use of an email marketing campaign system, management of social media accounts, and liaising with partners on and off campus to promote the activities of the School of Fine & Performing Arts, its students and its faculty.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Outstanding written, oral, and visual communication skills
• Computer-literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
• Strong interpersonal skills, organization skills, attention to detail, and attentiveness to deadlines
• Familiarity with social media tools, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
• An analytic approach and a desire to make informed decisions based on data
• Background in the arts, experience working in an arts organization and/or in higher education
• Experience using a content management system to develop and maintain websites
• Advertising experience, including creating ads, placing ads and/or negotiating with ad reps
• Experience using an e-mail marketing platform to build, send and assess promotional communications
• Experience taking and editing photos and videos
• Knowledge of best practices in advertising, marketing and promotion
Contact Information: Electronic submissions required. Candidates will be required to submit a cover letter, resume and contact information of three professional references. Please apply by visiting http://jobs.newpaltz.edu/postings/811
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Deadline: Applications accepted until the position is filled, priority given to those received by 2/19/18.
Other important information about this vacancy: This position offers full NYS benefits, which are among the most comprehensive in the nation.
The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Candidates who bring diverse cultural experience and who are especially qualified to mentor and advise all members of our diverse student population are especially encouraged to apply.
Web Site: https://jobs.newpaltz.edu/
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”) at https://www.newpaltz.edu/firesafety/safetyreport.html.