SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Faculty)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Department: Educational Studies and Leadership
Budget Title: Lecturer
Local Title: Lecturer of Educational Leadership
Posting Date: December 21, 2017
Duties: The Department of Educational Studies and Leadership at the State University of New York at New Paltz invites applications for a half-time Lecturer of Educational Leadership beginning in the Spring of 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter. The department is seeking a forward thinker who will work cooperatively in an ongoing continuous improvement process with a goal of preparing effective future school leaders.
• Teach graduate courses on and off site in a hybrid or fully online environment
• Supervise Educational Administration Program interns
• Assist the Educational Leadership Program Coordinator
• Master’s Degree in educational leadership or a closely related field
• Certification as a School District Leader (SDL) or School Building Leader (SBL) or School Administrator Supervisor (SAS)
• Experience as a school building leader and/or school district leader
• PhD or EdD or a Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) in educational leadership or a closely related field
• Expertise in online program development
• College level teaching experience
Contact Information: Electronic submissions required. Applicants will be required to submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references. The three professional references provided by applicant will receive an email with a link to upload reference letters. To apply, please visit
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Other important information about this vacancy: This position offers full NYS benefits, which are among the most comprehensive in the nation.
The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Candidates who bring diverse cultural experience and who are especially qualified to mentor and advise all members of our diverse student population are especially encouraged to apply.
Web Site: https://jobs.newpaltz.edu
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”) at www.newpaltz.edu/police/securityact.html.