SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Classified Service)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Department: Student Health Service
Budget Title: Temporary Nurse Practitioner (Family Health)
Local Title: Temporary Nurse Practitioner(Family Health); Hours: Mon-Fri; 8:30am-5:00pm/Some Saturdays
Posting Date: November 28, 2017
Classification: SG-24; $36.24 hrly
Duties: Nurse practitioner’s duties will include providing quality health care to students in a compassionate environment. Teaching students how to navigate the health care system. Teaching students how to make healthy lifestyle choices.
• The nurse practitioner will evaluate, diagnose and treat student illnesses in an office based environment under the direction of the physician director. Illnesses treated are common to an office base primary care practice.
• Be responsible for viewing specimen slides under the microscope: Urinalysis, KOH and Wet preps.
• The nurse practitioner will provide gynecological care including physical exams, diagnosing and treating sexually transmitted infections and prescribing birth control.
• They will teach sexually transmitted disease prevention and safe sexual behaviors.
• They will review health history and assess preparedness for overseas travel and internships.
• They will review laboratory results and prioritizing urgency.
• Reporting laboratory results to students and treating students in response to those results.
• Interact with other departments on campus to collaborate on student care.
• Please refer to the job standard for more details:
Qualifications: On or before the date of filing your application, you must have a New York State Registration certificate to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse and a Registration Certificate to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in Adult, College, Family or Women’s Health specialties.
• Open to New York State Employees.
• One year of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner in one of the above specialties.
• Preference will be given to those candidates with two years of experience.
Contact Information: Application Procedure: Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume or application to: State University of New York at New Paltz-Attn: Human Resources-1 Hawk Drive New Paltz, NY 12561 Fax: (845) 257-3956 or send by e-mail: ClassifiedEmployment@newpaltz.edu
To download an application:
Please include Search #C17-72 with all application materials.
Deadline: Deadline: December 13, 2017
Other important information about this vacancy: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. SUNY New Paltz is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call Human Resources at (845) 257-3171.
Web Site: www.newpaltz.edu/hr/jobs.html
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”) at www.newpaltz.edu/police/securityact.html.