SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Professional)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Department: Sponsored Programs
Budget Title: Sr. Staff Assistant
Local Title: RF Accounts Payable and Purchasing Manager
Posting Date: November 28, 2017
Duties: Under the general direction of the Assistant Vice President for Sponsored Programs/RF Operations Manager, incumbent is responsible for managing the Accounts Payable and Purchasing (AP/PO) area for externally sponsored projects. Duties include management in the areas of purchasing and accounts payable activity, compliance with relevant rules and regulations, campus training, monitoring of activity, serving as functional lead on system upgrades, enhancements, and implementation of new applications, updating policies, procedures, and forms.
• Responsible for the operations of the AP/PO functions. This includes overseeing daily operations, communicating with and supporting campus faculty and staff, evaluating internal controls and ensuring policies and procedures are compliant with federal Uniform Guidance and other applicable federal and state regulations and RF policies;
• Regularly review controls in place, oversee the updating of policies and procedures on a timely basis, strive to mitigate risks to the institution, and streamline processes to promote efficient and effective AP/PO services;
• Responsible for overseeing other than personnel services transactions, including regular and cost shared activity, ensuring sufficient controls are in place for timely completion and adherence to policies and procedures;
• Serve as the functional lead on system upgrades, enhancements, and implementation of new applications, including but not limited to SciQuest, iExpense, Concur;
• Serve as the System Administrator responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of assigned applications, including designing processes and procedures to maximize efficiencies and user experiences in new systems;
• Responsible for oversight of tax reports ensuring accurate annual 1099 tax statements.
• Responsible for compliance oversight with federal Export Control regulations, including Visual Compliance, and the Fly America Act;
• Responsible for all M/WBE reporting as required by the State of New York, including creating utilization plans and submitting the reports, ensuring records are up to date in the business system and working with faculty, staff, and NYS M/WBE officers on the timely submission of accurate reports. Assist faculty and staff to meet their M/WBE goals through identifying and promoting certified vendors. Assist pre-award in M/WBE submissions as part of new and continuing proposals;
• Responsible for oversight of Bank of America purchase cards ensuring effective monitoring controls are in place and overall compliance with policies and procedures by all cardholders;
• Supervise, train, and develop AP/PO staff;
• Monitor aging reports for payments issued and follow-up with outstanding checks;
• Responsible for compliance with Property Control policies and periodic monitoring of discrepancy reports, resolving issues as they arise;
• Responsible for OSP responses to internal and external audits for OTPS activity;
• Responsible for coordinating training sessions and development of training materials for faculty and administrative support staff;
• Serve on relevant advisory and focus groups;
• Contribute to a work environment that fosters teamwork and cooperation and represent the Office of Sponsored Programs with a positive professional image.
• Bachelor’s degree;
• Two to three years of progressively responsible decision-making experience related to accounts payable or purchasing administration;
• Experience in Purchasing or Accounts Payable functions;
• Demonstrated facility with spreadsheets, financial software, and online applications;
• Strong organization and oral/written communication skills;
• Ability and willingness to learn new skills and competencies quickly and adapt in an ever-changing environment;
• Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals;
• Ability to multi-task and follow through under tight deadlines;
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a dynamic professional team;
• Three or more years of grants-related, accounts payable or purchasing administration experience in a university setting;
• Experience with the Oracle Business System and/or systems administration of an online application.
Contact Information: Electronic submissions required. Applicant will be required to submit a cover letter, resume, contact information for three professional references. Please apply by visiting
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Other important information about this vacancy: This position offers full NYS benefits.
The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity or protected veteran status. We especially encourage applications from individuals who can bring diverse cultural and ethnic perspectives and experiences to the campus.
Web Site: https://jobs.newpaltz.edu
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”) at www.newpaltz.edu/police/securityact.html.