SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Professional)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Department: Sponsored Programs
Budget Title: Staff Associate
Local Title: Sponsored Programs Manager
Posting Date: October 5, 2017
Duties: The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) at SUNY New Paltz invites applications for the position of Sponsored Programs Manager. OSP is responsible for all aspects of pre-award and post-award administration for externally funded projects and research compliance.
Under the general direction of the Assistant Vice President for Sponsored Programs/RF Operations Manager, the Manager will manage pre-award and post-award for a defined portfolio of grants and contracts supporting research programs at SUNY New Paltz.
The Manager will:
• Manage standard and non-standard pre-award and post-award transactions related to grants and contracts for a defined portfolio from searching for funding opportunities through to close out of an award
• Support Faculty and Administration in searches for appropriate funding opportunities for their areas of interest and in support of the institution’s strategic initiatives
• Fulfill administrative review of grant and contract proposals and budgets and submit approved proposals to sponsors
• Be responsible for financial reporting, compliance, and financial projections, and will advise and support Principal Investigators in the management of their awards in alignment with federal, state and non-profit sponsor regulations and institutional policies, requirements, and procedures
• Explain regulations to Principle Investigators and departments across the campus to ensure compliance with institution and sponsor policies
• Develop and implement office procedures to support institution policy and promote efficient and effective research administration services
• Participate in development and delivery of training and outreach programs
• Bachelor’s degree
• Three to five years of progressively responsible decision-making experience in sponsored research administration
• Working knowledge of the content and use of OMB circulars A21, A110, and A-133 and the Federal Uniform Guidance 2 CFR 200
• Experience with proposal development and submission through a variety of sponsor mechanisms or experience with post award research administration and fund accounting at increasing levels of responsibility
• Familiarity with current and emerging compliance issues affecting grants and contracts
• Demonstrated facility with spreadsheets and financial software
• Excellent organization and oral/written communication skills
• Ability and willingness to learn new skills and competencies quickly and adapt in an ever-changing environment
• Exceptional analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
• Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals
• The ability to multi-task and follow through under tight deadlines
• The ability to work independently and as a member of a dynamic professional team
• Five or more years of research administration experience in a university setting
• Experience in both pre-award and post-award administration
Contact Information: Electronic submissions required. Candidates will be required to submit a cover letter, resume and contact information of three professional references. Please apply by visiting
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process should call (845) 257-3675.
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Other important information about this vacancy: The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity or protected veteran status. We especially encourage applications from individuals who can bring diverse cultural and ethnic perspectives and experiences to the campus.
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”) at www.newpaltz.edu/police/securityact.html.