SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Professional)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Department: Records & Registration
Budget Title: College Registrar
Local Title: College Registrar
Posting Date: August 15, 2017
Duties: The State University of New York seeks applications for a College Registrar who will serve as the primary custodian of student and former student academic records and is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of all aspects of student records and registration. The Registrar works closely and collaboratively with other administrators and departments to ensure compliance to existing policies and procedures.
The Registrar provides leadership and administrative oversight for student records systems, and provides strategic operational supervision of registration, documents, and systems support. The Registrar is an administrative leader who implements and maintains new applications of technology and upgrading/enhancement of existing systems while providing quality assurance and integrity of data.
This position reports to the Vice President of Enrollment Management.
• Direct, mentor and guide the Registrar’s staff to assess, maintain and improve all services delivered to the college community. These services include, but are not limited to the following:
o Registration (drop/add and withdrawal);
o Major/minor declarations;
o Security and confidentiality of student records;
o Degree conferrals and diploma production;
o Class and final exam schedules;
o Academic calendars;
o Room scheduling;
o Official/unofficial transcripts requests and handling;
o Certificate of attendance requests;
o Preferred name, address changes, and graduation applications; Transfer of credit applications;
o Grade changes;
o DegreeWorks (progress reports);
o Departmental web pages;
o Document retention and storage;
o Other special projects as required
• Keep the department focused on customer service, team building, and fostering productive relationships with the campus community including all staff and students and external constituencies;
• Oversee and assign training for all staff concerning office practices and procedures;
• Guide all functions regarding the multiple semester graduations (May, August, December and January) including guaranteeing the timely clearance of degrees;
• Stay updated on new technological releases (Banner, DegreeWorks and Argos) with an eye towards program changes and modifications as they concern student records. Analyze and research existing software products;
• Assist in any way possible in bringing the Banner Student Information System, DegreeWorks, Workflow, and ARGOS to its fullest potential;
• Serve as a liaison to I.T./Computer Services programming staff on technical problems as they relate to the records system;
• Work with the Assistant Vice President of I.T./Computer Services and staff to identify and meet the needs of the Office of Records & Registration. Serve as the departmental expert on institutional policy and demands and serve as a member of the Information Systems Users Group;
• Convene and provide administrative leadership to the Associate Dean’s Council comprised of Associate Deans from the five schools, professional staff representatives from Academic Advising, Records and Registration, IT, and other administrative areas as required by items on the agenda;
• Serve as an ex-officio member of the Curriculum Committee;
• Serve as a member of the Graduate Council for the Graduate School
• Master’s degree
• At least five years of progressively responsible experience working in college/university Registration and Student Records services
• Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direction to an organization comprised of professional and support staff
• Familiarity with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
• Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation skills, conflict resolution and team building skills
• Eight to ten years of experience working in Records and Registration in higher education
• In-depth knowledge of Banner by Ellucian
• Significant experience in the use of technology to increase productivity and accountability
• Familiarity with AACRAO guidelines regarding records management
Contact Information: Electronic submissions required. Please apply by visiting
Deadline: Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Other important information about this vacancy: The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity or protected veteran status. We especially encourage applications from individuals who can bring diverse cultural and ethnic perspectives and experiences to the campus.
Web Site: https://jobs.newpaltz.edu
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”) at www.newpaltz.edu/police/securityact.html.