SUNY New Paltz Vacancy
External Posting (Professional)
Applications are invited for consideration for appointment to the following position:
Department: Facilities Management
Budget Title: Campus Architect
Local Title: Campus Architect
Posting Date: September 4, 2013
Duties: The State University of New York at New Paltz invites applications for the position of Campus Architect. Reporting to the Director of Facilities and Design, the Campus Architect is responsible for developing and/or reviewing architectural and related design plans for various campus buildings and site development projects. The position shall be assigned specific design projects for which it will be responsible through completion of construction. The Campus Architect shall also guide and/or assist the Facilities Design Staff with design development for specific projects assigned to Design Project Managers; providing professional and technical design and guidance of the work.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
• Directing all aspects of building design, technical reviews and supervision of project designs and construction documents delivery for construction.
• Provide oversight and/or assist with management of contracts and consultants for various projects to insure the orderly management and preparation of designs and administration of construction of capital projects and campus let projects
• Must work efficiently and cooperatively with the State University Construction Fund (SUCF), the Dormitory Authority of the State of New York (DASNY), local Campus Administration and consultants to the campus to deliver successful completed projects.
• Review major capital projects, campus let projects, minor projects and critical repair work in order to provide professional comments regarding quality of design, code compliance, technical details and relevance to College’s needs.
• Develop architectural and related project designs (diagrams, plans and/or specifications) that satisfy the crucial needs or project request for various capital support programs, academic and administration programs and residence hall programs.
• Assisting in the management of construction administration that can vary from small scope projects to larger campus let projects using independent contractors. Some major capital projects may only involve an advisory/consulting role. They will also provide professional guidance of specific design projects, which include project financial and schedule tracking.
• Assisting the department with professional guidance and supervision of specific design and construction projects assigned to staff (design project managers and construction managers) and provide design and technical guidance to staff through the course of the projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in architecture plus five (5) years relevant post-license experience and licensed NYS registered Architect is required. Successful candidates must be proficient in AutoCad, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and working knowledge of NYS Building Code. LEED AP certification is a plus. REVIT knowledge is desired. Must be able to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and work collaboratively and professionally with diverse internal and external constituencies.
Contact Information: Electronic submissions preferred. Please note search number P13-36 on all materials submitted in connection with this search. Send your letter of application and resume via e-mail to:
email@example.com (preferred format is Microsoft Word, file extension “.doc”).
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Other important information about this vacancy: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. We especially encourage applications from individuals who can bring diverse cultural and ethnic perspectives and experiences to the campus.
The State University of New York at New Paltz is a highly selective, public college that is recognized regionally for the strength of its academic programs. It is located in the beautiful Hudson River Valley with easy access to New York City and other nearby recreational and cultural amenities.
The State University of New York at New Paltz is an AA/EOE/ADA employer
Federal law and regulations require notice to all prospective employees regarding crimes that have occurred on campus in the current three year period. Please refer to the University Police Web site for the complete Annual Security Report (“Clery Report”) at www.newpaltz.edu/police/securityact.html.