Faculty and Staff are given NPCUID and AdminLAN accounts upon completion of the Account Request form. Although they are completely separate accounts your assigned username is the same for both: the first seven characters of your last name plus the first letter of your first name.
Name: John Robinson
This account grants you access to:
- a Windows computer on the admin domain (any faculty/staff PC)
- Network Drives
- F:\ Used to store files for personal use and can only be seen by the user logged in (you)
- G:\ Used to store files shared by a department and can be seen by your entire department
- H:\ The campus drive is available to everyone
- Other system folders for use by various departments
New Paltz Computer UserID (NPCUID)
Academic Computing provides and maintains the authentication servers for most other campus computing resources (NPCUID).
If you do not know your password, please go to my.newpaltz.edu and click Forgot username/password to reset your Academic Computing password. Once logged in, you can change it at any time by logging into my.newpaltz.edu and clicking "Change Password," right under your name on the upper-left hand portion of the screen. Your NPCUID is required in order to use the following SUNY New Paltz computer resources:
- Lab login (including print quotas)
- Blackboard (course management system)
- Campus wireless network
- ResNet (high speed internet access)
As new services come online they will be posted on the Academic Computing website.