Attention Banner and Java Users
You may see the following prompt while trying to get the the Banner login screen.
The latest Java Runtime Environment plug-in, JRE 6 Update 38, can be installed manually.
H:\Java\jre6u38x32.exe (the campus drive located under my computer)
Please make sure to close ALL browsers before starting the installation.
If you receive a Security Warning asking for permission to open the file, please click on 'Run'.
If the Symantec Tamper Protection Alert warning appears, please close the dialog box and disregard the message.
If these instructions do not resolve your issue,
please email us for a faster response - email@example.com
It is our privilege to present to you this Web site dedicated to Information Technology for Faculty and Staff! Our goal is to provide you with the tools and resources you need to have a positive and productive computer experience.
As this site matures it will provide you support in the following ways:
- Tip of the Month: A monthly tip will be posted under this link to address computer issues
- Download software recommended by the Help Desk stored in one convenient location
- Tech Talk: find simple explanations and definitions of common technical terms, abbreviations & acronyms
- Report a problem to us via e-mail and go right into queue (no need to wait for a call-back from a technician)
- Help Desk News: On the home page you will find the latest updates and news regarding the Help Desk and issues that will affect Faculty & Staff.
Help Desk News
Please take a moment to read our Special Report.
How can I contact the Help Desk?
There are 2 ways to reach us:
- By telephone: 257-3449
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How will the Help Desk get back to me?
We will get back to you either by phone, email or an automated email from our Help Desk ticket system. If you receive an automated message it means that we have acknowledged your technical issue, created a request ticket and have put you in our queue for service.
Help us, help you! Please e-mail us your suggestions or comments at fsHelpDesk@newpaltz.edu.
Don't forget to bookmark this page
Updated: March 9th, 2010