The function of the electrical shop is to provide electrical maintenance, repairs and renovation services to all building and grounds. The electrical department provides scheduled preventative maintenance programs to maintain the interior and exterior campus lighting, fire alarm systems, emergency generators, high voltage transformers and switchgears, and electrical power systems. The electrical department also provides support to campus renovations, construction projects and special events. Click for energy saving tips.
Some examples of electrical services are:
- Maintain power distribution systems
- Repair motor controls and electric hot water systems
- Maintain/repair fire alarm systems
- Maintain emergency power systems
- Maintain/repair interior and exterior lighting, including parking lots
- Repair electrical outlets or install new ones
- Respond to elevator and fire alarm emergency calls
- Respond to power outages
Note: The electric shop does not repair dryers in Residence Halls. You would need to contact College Auxiliary Services.