We want your first-year experience at SUNY New Paltz to be intellectually challenging and welcoming. The following documents and links will help ease the transition by answering some of your composition-related questions about courses, transfer credits, required texts, and student support services.
- If you are wondering about completing your composition requirement or have other general questions, check out our Top 10 Policies list.
- If you want more detail about specific topics or classes, then look at the Composition Program Handbook.
- For information about the Common Summer Reading (CSR), see the material on the orientation website.
- For help with a writing question: review the resources at Purdue University's Online Writing Lab (OWL); or contact the SUNY New Paltz Writing/Tutoring Center.
- If you want to access materials for your ENG 160 portfolio, select the Table of Contents or the Portfolio Checklist.
- Explore our Composition II themes list to find out topics for ENG 180 or ENG 206 for the upcoming semester.
More questions? Come by JFT 702 or email us.