Map #2: parking study of average occupancies
Map in [PDF] format
Why have so many parking spots in the interior part of campus disappeared this fall?
The College is progressing on its master plan to make the campus more pedestrian friendly and move parking to the exterior of campus to reduce pedestrian and vehicular conflicts and enhance safety. The construction of Mohonk Walk, a new east to west pedestrian walkway, has displaced some interior parking and this will be most noticeable when faculty and students return to campus for fall semester. In addition, there are several ongoing construction projects to revitalize buildings in need of major renovation, such as Wooster, as well as the construction of a new science building to improve longtime space deficits for academic programs.
Which parking lots are closed due to construction?
- Lot 19 (College Hall): Southern portion will be closed Aug. 27−Nov. 1, 2012, for construction of underground heating lines for the future science building.
- Lot 20 (Resnick Parking): Closed through 2014 for use as staging area for the Wooster Science Building renovation project.
- Lot 21 (Wooster Parking): Permanently closed.
- Lot 22 (Coykendall Parking): Closed through 2014 for use as staging area for the Wooster
Science Building renovation project.
When will construction be completed around the Haggerty parking lot?
- Lot 15 (Haggerty Parking) and the Haggerty Circle have been limited this summer by the campus-wide electrical upgrade and the emergency storm drain projects and will re-open Aug. 23.
- Lot 24 (Mohonk Parking) and Lot 25 (Bouton Hall) are both scheduled to re-open by the end of day on Aug. 25.
Which lots remain open?
- Lot 18 (Plattekill Parking): Open until January 2013
- Lot 28 (Route 32 Parking): Will remain open as 138−140 spaces are added this fall
- Lot 37A (West Parking): Open until summer 2013
How will these changes impact handicapped parking?
To accommodate spaces lost to construction and lot closings, additional disabled parking spaces are being designated as follows: 3 new disabled parking spaces in Coykendall Lot 22, specifically between Faculty Office Building and Bouton Hall; 4 new disabled parking spaces in Mohonk parking Lot 24; and 5 new disabled parking spaces in Plattekill Lot 18.
Will any additional parking be made available to accommodate these closings?
In conjunction with plans for a new residence hall on the southwest side of campus, a new resident parking lot is planned for construction this fall. The additional 213-space lot is expected to be open for use in spring 2013 and will be located west of Lenape Hall.
What can I do personally to avoid inconveniences due to these changes?
With less interior parking available this fall, faculty, staff, students and visitors to campus will need to adjust their habits and plan to arrive early to accommodate these changes.
How can I get updates as the parking situation continues to change?
The College encourages everyone to check the online campus map and pay attention to campus updates and communications concerning construction projects via e-mail and on the College website.
As you arrive on campus and have any suggestions or comments relating to the parking arrangements, please submit them to our parking office at firstname.lastname@example.org.