1. Fill out an Application for Graduation with the Records and Registration office.
May 2013: Feb. 1, 2013
August 2013: Feb. 1, 2013
December 2013: Aug. 1, 2013
2. Complete the Graduate Exit Survey to obtain your confirmation number needed to pick up your four guest tickets, student participation ticket and master's units. More information can be found on our Graduate FAQ page.
3. Pre-order your master's unit (including special sizes XL, XXL) no later than Friday, March 22, 2013 at the Herff Jones website. These can be picked up at the bookstore beginning Monday, April 15, 2013.
If you missed the pre-order deadline, please visit or contact the bookstore directly at 845-257-3050. Bookstore hours are 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday.
4. Attend a rehearsal to learn how the event will unfold, ask any questions you may have, and to pick up your four guest tickets and student participation ticket. Attendance is highly encouraged. If you cannot attend the rehearsal, the following options for ticket pick up are available:
- Starting Friday, May 3, 2013 through Friday, May 17, 2013, tickets will also be available for pick up at the Welcome Center in the Haggerty Administration Building lobby, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.- 4:45 p.m. Note: On May 17, ticket pickup is until 3 p.m. You must present your New Paltz photo ID.
- Guest tickets can also be picked up at the will call table on the day of the ceremony. The will call table will be near the Jacobson Faculty Tower in the academic concourse near the stone benches. If someone other than the candidate is picking up tickets, they will need a photo ID and a note from the candidate.
5. Take gown out of the bag to let the wrinkles fall out (DO NOT IRON GOWN -- IT WILL MELT!)