1. Be sure you filled out an Application for Graduation by the following due dates with the Records and Registration office.
May 2016: February 1, 2016
August 2016: March 1, 2016 if you plan on walking in the ceremony; May 1, 2016 if you are not walking this May
December 2016: September 1, 2016
2. Go to the Herff Jones website no later than Saturday, March 19, 2016 to pre-order your cap and gown or master's units. The cost is $45. Special sizes can also be pre-ordered.
3. Fill out the Graduating Senior Survey if you are an undergraduate student, or the Graduate Exit Survey if you are a graduate student, to obtain your confirmation number. More information can be found on our Undergraduate FAQ page.
3. Pick up your pre-ordered cap and gown (undergraduate) at the campus Bookstore beginning Friday, April 29, 2016. Please have your confirmation number and New Paltz ID. If you missed the pre-order date, please visit or contact the bookstore directly at 845-257-3053.
4. Attend a Rehearsal to learn how the ceremony will unfold, to have any questions answered, and to pick up your four guest tickets and candidate participation ticket. Attendance is highly encouraged. If you cannot attend a rehearsal the following options for ticket pickup are available:
- Starting Friday, May 6, 2016 through Friday, May 13, 2016, tickets will also be available for pick up at the Welcome Center in the Haggerty Administration Building lobby, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. Note: on Friday, May 13, tickets can be picked up until 3 p.m. You must present your confirmation number and New Paltz photo ID.
- Guest tickets can also be picked up at the will call table on the day of the ceremony. The will call table will be by the Jacobson Faculty Tower in the academic concourse by the stone benches. If someone other than the candidate is picking up tickets, they will need a photo ID and a signed note from the candidate with their confirmation number. Give tickets to family and friends.
5. Take gown out of the bag to let the wrinkles fall out (DO NOT IRON GOWN -- IT WILL MELT!)