» Undergraduate Major Programs in Communication
Major Code 588
- Academic Sequence
- 52 total credit hours
1. Required Core Courses: 30 credit hours
2. Communication Skills Elective Course: 3 credit hours
(select one course from the following)
3. Elective Courses: 15 credit hours from the following
Capstone Experiences: 4 credit hours
ASHA Requirements: These courses are not required. They are recommended for all students who plan to apply to graduate programs in Communication Disorders.
- Social sciences requirement (6 credits)
- College-level mathematics (3 credits)
- Biological science (3 credits)
- Physical science (3 credits)
- Manual communication
- A 3.0 grade point average is the minimum criterion for admission to the major.
- Grades below C- in Communication Disorders courses are not accepted.
- A 2.0 Communication Disorders course average is required for degree application.
- Students must have completed 45 Upper Division credits to qualify for degree.
Download a printable copy of the Communication
Disorders (Major Code 588) major plan.
PDF to text