Clock Tower Fact Sheet
Description/Features: The clock tower will replace the original tower, which was built in 1932 and destroyed by fire in 1990. It has a five-foot diameter clock face on four sides, with Roman numerals. It also includes a spire and many of the decorative elements found on the original tower, such as pilasters, columns, cornices and urns.
Background: The tower raising is the final step in its construction process, which began in Campbellsville, KY, where the new tower was engineered and fabricated by Campbellsville Industries Inc.
General Contractor: Glomar Construction, Inc., New Windsor, NY
- Kew Mozayeny, President
- Martin Berenson, Project Manager
- Bruce Choate, Project Superintendent
Architect: Hall Partnership Architects, LLP, New York, NY
- Gillet (Gil) Lefferts, FAIA, Project Architect
- Steve Rose, Site Representative
College Representatives: SUNY New Paltz
- Johanna D'Aleo: Vice President of Administration
- John Shupe: Assistant Vice President of Facilities Management
- Dale Coon: Project Coordinator
- The SUNY New Paltz Foundation created the Tower Society in 1993, a distinguished group of New Paltz alumni and friends who have included New Paltz in their estate plans through a bequest or other form of planned gift.
- The van den Berg Learning Center clock tower rendering was used on the blue and orange banners that have been installed on various telephone and light poles surrounding the New Paltz campus.
Estimated Cost: $495,000
Source of Funding: State University of New York Construction Fund