Campus and Community Organizations:
The SUNY New Paltz Career Resource Center is committed to providing students and alumni with volunteer and service learning opportunities.
Don't let the opportunity to use bright, enthusiastic SUNY New Paltz students and alumni volunteer for your organization pass you by!
Knowledge, time, and energy of people are a powerful resource in our community. A volunteer works without payment or compensation for services because they choose to do so. Many serve at non profit organizations -- but a significant number also serve less formally, either individually or as part of a group. Once you've identified a need for volunteers please Contact Erica Wagner, Service Learning Coordinator, with a brief idea of the specific needs of your organization at 845-257-3266 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We can post one time, short term or ongoing projects.
- Depending on your needs, both individuals and groups of students can assist with projects.
- Examples include, but are not limited to tutoring, mentoring, fundraising, or special events that require extra assistance.
Service Learning is a teaching/ learning strategy that links learning in the classroom to activities throughout New Paltz and the surrounding communities. The integration of community service and instruction strategically designed to meet the important community needs, to improve student learning and foster civic involvement.
- Coursework is strategically designed to both meet the important community needs, to improve student learning and foster civic involvement.
- The partnerships provide increased production and quality of service for organizations and deeper understanding for the students who participate.
- Strengthens partnership between the college and the community.
- The enthusiastic students inspire the community at large to participate in the various worthwhile events.
Each September, the Career Resource Center hosts a Volunteer Fair. Many successful volunteer matches have been made as a result of this fair in the past. Do not miss this opportunity to meet hundreds of students from a wide variety of majors who are seeking meaningful volunteer experiences! Contact Erica Wagner at email@example.com for more information.