Searching for Jobs
Before You Begin Your Job Search, Prepare Job Search Documents
Create a draft of your Resume & Cover Letter before you begin your job search and have it looked over by a CRC staff member. Utilize the resume and cover letter tip sheets to create or make updates.
How to Find Job Openings
- Current students can log-in from the my.newpaltz Student tab > Internships and Careers > HawkHire
- Alumni can access HawkHire here
- Students - Go to CareerShift and use your hawkmail account for immediate access.
- Alumni - Request free access to CareerShift by contacting the Career Resource Center by email at email@example.com or phone 845-257-3265
- Check the Off-Campus Job Fairs and Recruiting section of the Career Resource Center’s page for listings.
- Professional associations
- Chambers of Commerce
- Business Journals and Book of Lists
- Start by going to ABYZ New Links for a list of the entire local and state news journals of the cities you’re interested in.
- Additional Job Search Resources:
For more information on searching for jobs please access our tip sheet