The goal of the CAS Internship Stipend Program is to provide SUNY New Paltz students with the opportunity to gain valuable experiential education without sacrificing needed income. CAS Internship Stipend funds offer monetary support for undergraduates who secure internship opportunities to investigate career options, further develop career-related skills, and link classroom learning to the world of work. These funds enable students to participate in career-related experiences, regardless of financial constraints.
The CAS Internship Stipend Program is a highly selective and competitive program that offers a limited number of scholarship stipends up to $2,000 for the fall and spring semesters to students involved in a semester-long internship or student teaching placement. Students participating in a full-time (20+ hours per week) summer internship may be eligible for a scholarship stipend in an amount up to $3,000. Students will receive the stipend in two installments, one at the beginning and the other towards the midpoint of the internship. This stipend applies to only credit bearing, non-paid or low paying internships and ones that are career related. The Faculty Advisory Council of the Career Resource Center, plus a CAS representative, are responsible for selecting the recipients of the CAS Internship Stipends.
- Declared major in one of the academic degree programs at SUNY New Paltz
- Demonstrated financial need
- Must be in good academic standing with the University and a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher depending upon department requirements
- Meet university and your academic department requirements for participation in an internship, including completion of 60 or more credits before the internship begins
- Full time matriculated undergraduate student attending SUNY New Paltz
- The internship must be credit bearing, and non-paid or low paying
All Applicants are asked to submit:
A completed application form available from the Career Resource Center, HUM 105 or can be found on the CRC homepage
- Documentation of financial need, as described on the included budget worksheet (part III)
- A copy of a current unofficial transcript
- A one-page personal statement supporting your request for a CAS Stipend and why this internship experience is important to your career and/or academic objectives
- A written financial statement (separate from your personal statement) as described on the included budget worksheet (part III, section 4)
- A brief description of your major responsibilities and attach a job description and organization profile
- Submit a signed CAS Internship Agreement with Release Indemnification and Hold Harmless Agreement 2010-2011 (to be completed in the Career Resource Center when handing in an application.)
Complete application packets (application form, documentation of financial need, unofficial transcript, essay, and internship description and sponsoring organization agreement) must be received by the deadline date, which can be found on the application.
If you have questions about this application, please contact the Career Resource Center at 845-257-3265.
Drop off the completed application packet to the Career Resource Center, HUM 105 before 4pm by your chosen deadline.
*SUNY New Paltz students are only eligible to receive this internship stipend award once in the college career