|| Group Home Counselor position utilizing my education and experience.
|| Bachelor of Arts in Psychology; Minor in Spanish, May 1995
State University of New York at New Paltz - GPA 3.8
||Dean's List 1993 - 1995
Recipient of New Paltz Alumni Association Scholarship Award, 1995
|Abnormal Psychology, Assesment and Testing, Crisis Intervention,
Psychological and Counseling Theory, Behavior Modification, Psychology of Adjustment
- Provided crisis intervention and referral for college students.
- Conducted intake interviews and developed treatment plans for students.
- Provided counseling in order to help mainstream students into regular education system.
- Facilitated on-going support group for students with special needs.
- Oversaw and directed all daily functions of Group Home for at-risk adolescents.
- Coordinated and supervised special activities and events for residents.
- Trained and supervised new employee.
- Coordinated and delegated workload to interns.
- Acted as liaison between residents, parents and various social service agencies.
- Designed and conducted informational workshops on numerous social and emotional issues of concern for residents.
- Participated in case consultations and presentations.
Mid-Hudson Counseling Service, Poughkeepsie, NY 1994 - 1995
SUNY New Paltz, Student Crisis and Referral Center, New Paltz, NY 1992 - 1994