ARS370 Book Arts
Book Arts is an interdisciplinary course, designed to introduce students to the concepts and techniques used in making artists' books. Topics to be explored include the visualization of ideas in book form, the use of a variety of materials and structures, narrative progression, and combining text and images. Traditional book formats and binding techniques will be taught, but emphasis will be on innovative uses of the book as a vehicle for ideas.
- Must be enrolled in the following level: Undergraduate
- Must be enrolled in one of the following majors: Visual Arts Education (189), Ceramics (271), Metal (272), Graphic Design (279), Printmaking (274), Sculpture (275), Photography (276), Visual Arts (277), Undeclared:Pre-Art Education (00AE), Painting (273)
- May not be enrolled in the following class: Freshman
- (ARS100 Minimum Grade of D-* or 09100*) and (ARS101 Minimum Grade of D-* or 09101*) and (ARS102 Minimum Grade of D-* or 09102*) and (ARS103 Minimum Grade of D-* or 09103*)
* May be taken at the same time