There are several types of payments:
The direct pay option is used when goods and services have already been received or reimbursement is required.
Purchase orders are used when goods and services have not been received.
Requirements for these types of payments
A/P must have either an original invoice signed and dated by the project director as an authorization to pay or a receipt from the Receiving Department that the goods have been received in good order.
Until these receipts or authorizations are received, the Accounts Payable office cannot pay the vendor. After the receipt of all pertinent documentation the A/P office has 30 days from when all documentation has been received to pay the invoice/reimbursement.
It should be noted - no NYS tax will be paid. There is a tax exempt form that may be used.
In order to expedite payment here are some things that A/P needs:
- A req# must accompany any payment other than a Purchase Order.
- The req must have the official expenditure type on it as well as the official organization type.
- Since names are alphabetized by first name, the official first name of the person to be reimbursed is necessary. e.g. Robert not Bob
- Advise us of any change in address, otherwise the payment will go to the old address.
The project director must provide the following information on the form
- Social Security number
- Home address
- Total amount to be paid
- RF project, task and award#s, expenditure type and organization type
Once received in A/P, the stipend will be entered into the system and will be paid on the following RF pay period, unless otherwise noted by the Project Director.
- Completed form along with resume
Please see RF Travel Guidelines for information on travel.
If you need any information, please call Accounts Payable at x3175.