Let's Connect! Alumni Event in Washington D.C.
The Hotel George and Bistro Bis, Leaders AB Suite
15 E. Street N.W., Washington, D.C.
Event Date: Monday, March 17, 2014, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Reply Date: Advance registration preferred by Friday, March 14, 2014; however, walk-ins are welcome the night of the event.
Registration: Register online (click here) with credit-card payment, or call 845-257-3230.
Please join us for a multi-generational SUNY New Paltz Alumni Reception in Washington D.C. Don't miss this opportunity for students and recent alumni to connect with seasoned alumni professionals in various fields to share experiences and discover mentorship opportunities. Alumni from all majors are welcome.
Alumni 2002 to 2013: $10 per person
All others and guests: $20 per person
Hors d'oeuvres and beer, wine and soft drinks
Directions and Parking:
1 Block from Red Line metro stop at Union Station
Valet parking available at hotel or garage across the street
Each year, Nancy Kassop, SUNY New Paltz Professor in the Department of Political Science and International Relations, and Tonda Highley, Associate Dean/Director of the SUNY New Paltz Career Resource Center, have brought dozens of students majoring in political science/international relations to Washington D.C. to gather with government officials and other political and policy professionals, and to network with fellow SUNY New Paltz alumni.
Based on the success of these visits, we are opening this mentoring event to alumni of all disciplines. Experienced alumni are encouraged to meet and mingle with current students and recent graduates living and working in the D.C. area, who would welcome career advice, mentorship, and wisdom, as they build their professional lives.
"The delicate balance of mentoring someone is not creating them in your own image,
but giving them the opportunity to create themselves."
- Steven Spielberg
SUNY New Paltz Office of Development and Alumni Relations
Tonda Highley, Associate Dean/Director, Career Resource Center
Professor Nancy Kassop, Department of Political Science and International Relations
SUNY New Paltz Washington DC Alumni Committee
- Wendell Van Lare '67, Retired, Senior Vice President, Labor Relations, Gannett Co., Inc.
- Howard Goldblatt '73, Director of Government Affairs, Coalition Against Insurance Fraud
- Cynthia Farrell Johnson '76, Artist, Retired Cultural Program Coordinator, US Department of State
- Daniel Gonzalez '87, Managing Director, Mercury Public Affairs, Inc.
- Dion Baccus '92, Senior Business Analyst, Assurity Consulting
- Nadine Dallitis-Keber '98, Personal Development and Mentoring
- Brian O. Walsh '98, President, American Action Network
- Nina Zimdahl '11, Public Affairs, ATT
- Shawn Simpson '13, Intern, Mercury Public Affairs, Inc.
Questions? E-mail: email@example.com | Phone: 845-257-3230
Upcoming events: Check out other alumni event listings at www.newpaltz.edu/alumni/events