Re●Connect | Re●New | Re●Union
Saturday, Oct. 18, 2014: The biggest alumni event of the year
This schedule is for Saturday activities; for the Friday-Sunday weekend overview click here.
8:45 a.m. - 8:15 p.m. | Check-in & Information
Student Union Building (SUB), Atrium entrance - 2nd floor
9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. | My New Paltz I
- 8:45 a.m. | Alumni raffle-entry kick-off: Register at check-in to win!
- 9:00 a.m. | New Paltz Sweethearts vow renewal: Register now
- 9:00 a.m. | Campus bookstore opens
- 9:00 a.m. | Welcome Center opens
- 9:45 a.m. | Veterans, Service Members, and Dependents Services Discussion: Register now
- 9:45 a.m. | 3D printing – Session A (limited space, 1-hour workshop; also at 3:00 p.m.): Register now
- 10:00 a.m. | College Radio Station tour
- 10:00 a.m. | Athletics & Wellness Center opens for pre-registered alumni/guest limited-access use
- 10:00 a.m. | Theatre alumni career discussion
- 11:00 a.m. | The Dorsky Museum opens: "Race, Love, and Labor"; "Worlds of Wonder"; "Transforming Metal Into Art: Dick Polich"
10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. | SUNY New Paltz Alumni Association Welcome Event
11:45 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. | MAIN EVENT - All-Class Heritage Luncheon
Heritage Awards presentation honoring Emeritus Professor Ronald Knapp (Geography/Asian Studies) and EOP Director Antonio "Tony" Bonilla '87 '95g. Dine with current and retired faculty; be sure to enter the name/program/major on your registration form for preferred table-assignment seating. Cost: $15 for alumni and guests, $10 for children ages 4-10, free for children ages 0-3, complimentary to honorees, Orange & Blue Society members, faculty/table hosts, and retired faculty (faculty/table hosts: Contact Brenda Dow in Alumni Relations for assistance). Register now!
2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. | My New Paltz II
- 2:00 p.m. | Talk: "Forgotten: America's Great 19th Century Wooden Covered Bridges" by Dr. Ronald Knapp (Geography/Asian Studies): Register now
- 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. | Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) Reception: Register now
- 2:00 p.m. | Campus walking tour A (also at 3:00 pm, 4:00 p.m.): Register now
- 2:00 p.m. | Mainstage Productions present "The Philadelphia Story" (also at 8:00 p.m.): Tickets sold separately through Box Office (for single ticket sales before Sept. 22 purchase here)
- 2:30 p.m. | Young Alumni and Student event co-sponsored by RHSA: Register now
- 3:00 p.m. | 3D printing – Session B (limited space, 1-hour workshop; also at 9:45 a.m.): Register now
- 3:00 p.m. | Campus walking tour B (also at 2:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m.): Register now
- 3:15 p.m. | Planetarium show (second show will be added at 4:15 p.m. if first show is fully booked): Register now
- 4:00 p.m. | Campus walking tour C (also at 2:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m.): Register now
- 4:00 p.m. | Black Box Theatre alumni reception
- 4:55 p.m. | Lantern bearers rehearsal (by invitation only)
- 5:00 p.m. | Campus bookstore closes
- 5:00 p.m. | Welcome Center closes
- 5:00 p.m. | The Dorsky Museum closes
- 5:15 p.m. | Alumni raffle winner announced (must be present to pick up by 8:00 p.m.)
- 7:00 p.m. | Athletics & Wellness Center closes for pre-registered alumni/guest limited-access use
5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. | MAIN EVENT - Lantern Ceremony & All-Anniversaries Dinner
Witness a New Paltz tradition. Toast the 5th to 65th anniversary classes at this all-alumni dinner. Cost: Complimentary for alumni of the Classes of 1964-1934 (Lantern Society members), $20 for alumni of the Classes of 1965-2014, $20 for guests, $15 for children age 10 and under. Register now!
8 p.m. - Until? | My New Paltz III
Select from these campus activities, or 'freestyle' on your own.
- 8:00 p.m. | Mainstage Productions present "The Philadelphia Story" (also at 2:00 p.m.): Tickets sold separately through Box Office (for single ticket sales before Sept. 22 purchase here)
- 8:30 p.m. | Observatory viewing (weather permitting)